120-124 Main Street
The block which includes the present 120-124 Main Street was built in 1915 by an organization of Geneseo businessmen known as the “Geneseo Automobile Club” (Lewis Stapley, president) to accommodate the growing automobile industry. In 1972 it was purchased by the late Ray Sherman to house the pressrooms and printing offices of his newspaper, the Livingston Republican. He redesigned the interior leaving the exterior basically untouched (an interesting example of the adaptation of a building from its original use into one able to serve other purposes). The section of the block farthest north was occupied by the Wyoming Valley Stationery Store. In 1977 fire did serious damage to the Livingston Republican and the heat and water damage to the stationery store was also extensive. Repairs were made including some changes to both the exterior and interior.