17 Second Street
The original part of this house was probably built about 1838 by George Sage, a cooper. He died in 1848 from injuries suffered when he fell from a load of hay. The house remained in the hands of the Sage family until 1854, and for the next several years changed hands several times. In 1865 it was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. John Morrison who resided here for many years with their daughter Mary, who never married. Mr. Morrison owned a confectionary store on Main Street. After her parents deaths in 1896 and 1878, Miss Morrison remained here and rented furnished rooms. In 1935 the house was sold to Thomas and Violet McCauley and in 1953 it was purchased by Lloyd Bly. An addition to the house was made in 1974.