24 Second Street
When Hezikiah Allen purchased the house and lot at 26 Second Street in 1867 and made it his home, he also purchased this lot which was then vacant. Mr. Allen came to Geneseo in 1844 and soon entered the employ of General James W. Wadsworth and continued as manager of Wadsworth property until his death. In 1876 he had this house erected and when it was completed sold it to Mary Sherwood for $2500. The next transfer of property was from Mary McBride to Elizabeth McBride in 1887 (It is possible that Mary Sherwood became Mary McBride). We do know that Elizabeth McBride, who never married, was a sister-in-law of the talented and well-known Geneseo architect Robert Sherlock. In 1891 she sold this house to Mary Dann, widow of Underhill Dann who drowned while fishing at Conesus Lake in 1897. In 1909 Mrs. Dann sold it to Mr. and Mrs. George Armstrong, retired farmers. Mr. Armstrong died in 1933 but Mrs. Armstrong continued living here until she (and other members of the family) sold it to William and Helen Drew in 1958.