26 Elm Street
This house was built in 1874 for Dr. John Craig. He was an M.D. who moved to Geneseo in 1865 and established an office and residence on the southwest corner of Center and Second Streets where he lived with his wife and two daughters. This house was rented. Dr. Craig died in 1897 and in 1901 the house was sold by his executors to Terrance and Margaret McDonald and was their homestead for many years. In 1937 it passed to their son, Victor and his wife Emma (parents of Robert McDonald of Crossett Rd.) They never lived here after that and in 1954 it was sold to John and Jeanette McKiernan.