32 North Street
This house was built during the first half of the 19th century for Calvin Bryant and used by him as a tenant house until it was sold to William W. Killip in 1854. Mr. Killip was a Manxman, having been born on the lsle of Man. He came to Geneseo as a young man and during his long life became a prominent and beloved citizen. His chosen profession was music and in 1859 he founded a music school in the village. He was organist and conductor of music at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church for over 40 years. He outlived his wife, a son and three daughters, and after his death his executors sold the house to Mrs. W.A. Wadsworth. She made extensive repairs, including the erection of a sun room at one end and offered its use as a hospital and rest home for the use of State Normal teachers and students.