36 Second Street
The original house on this lot was a Presbyterian Session House that was moved to Ward Place in the mid 1890’s and converted into a residence (present 12 Ward Place). In 1899, Mrs. Emma Hines Rowland, widow of Dr. Marvin Rowland, purchased this lot and engaged Hiram Leonard to build the present house. Hiram Leonard was a prominent and sought after Geneseo contractor responsible for a number of well- constructed buildings in the village. After Mrs. Rowland’s death in 1914, the house was sold to Mr. and Mrs. Ritchie. Mrs. Ritchie was the former Ruth Elizabeth Bow and the mother of Mrs. James Dwyer.