5 Oak Street
Oak Street was opened in 1889 but it was not until 1925 that it was fully developed to Highland Road. This Queen Anne style house, built by Thomas Milliman in 1890, was one of the first constructed on the new street. At the time there were no sidewalks, sewerage or water system. Mr. Milliman operated a grocery store on the west side of Main Street. In 1915, the house was purchased by C. B. Newkirk and sold the following year to James and Cora Dwyer. James Dwyer ran a meat market on Main Street and also served as Postmaster for many years. His wife succeeded him in this position after his death.