68 Second Street
Until Major William Wadsworth sold this lot and the one on the corner to John Crossett in 1881, this land was a part of a large lot which extended east to Main Street and was known as the “Orchard Lot.” Mr. Crossett was one of Geneseo’s early pioneers and owned a farm on the present day Crossett Road. He transferred the lot to his son Lloyd, who had this house constructed in 1888. He himself was living in the house on the corner lot, built in 1878. In 1907, Lloyd Crossett sold this to Mr. and Mrs. Albert Swan. Mr. Swan was in a partnership with Willis Rector in the furniture and undertaking business. He died in 1915, and in 1918 his heirs sold the house to Myron Stapley, a farmer. He died in 1920.