8 Oak Street
It is believed that this house was moved here from another location in the village about 1925 by Dr. and Mrs. J.V. Sturges, principal of the Geneseo Normal School from 1905-1917. It is doubtful that they lived here for more than a few years since in 1928 they purchased the house at 67 Center Street. Dr. Sturges died in 1932, and in 1945 Mrs. Sturges sold the house, called a “bungalow” in a newspaper item, to Carl and Charlotte Johnson. They sold it to Albert and Dorothy Wade. In 1964 it was purchased by Mrs. Helen Houston when she was forced to give up her house on Wadsworth Street due to expansion at SUNY.