89-93 Main Street
In 1886, James McDonald purchased this site for $5,700, razed three buildings and engaged Edward Forbes to erect the present brick block. The space was rented to a variety of businesses until 1911 when the building was purchased by the Wadsworth Hose Club. They installed bowling alleys in the south section and established their meeting rooms on the second floor. The remainder of the block continued to be rented. In 1930, new plate glass windows were installed across the front and interior improvements were made. The Club, a social organization, disbanded in the 1960’s and the building was sold. The bowling alleys were dismantled in 1964 and the south section received new facades at street level.