9 Ward Place
Since 9 Ward Place appears on the 1872 map of the village but not on the 1858 map, it was likely built sometime between these dates. After the fire, Dr. Edward Southall, a local physician who lived on the corner where 31 Main Street is today, bought up a great deal of the available property here and either built new houses or converted others. In 1893, Dr. Southall sold this building to James Warner, and an 1894 map of the village indicates that at that time it was used for storage. In 1896 it was sold back to Dr. Southall, who likely converted it to a dwelling at this time. In 1932, it was purchased by Foster and Lulu Ritter, and in 1960 they transferred it to Anthony and Sylvia Viti.