St. Michael's Rectory
St. Michael's Rectory was built in approximately 1909 during the pastorate of Rev. Charles Boynton. Chiefly Tudor in character, it has elements of other periods. The double hung windows, for example, with the lower sash a single pane and the upper of divided panes, are similar to those of the l880s when the Queen Anne style was fashionable. Records indicate that this site was first occupied by a hatter named E.H. Perkins. The original rectory, built in 1850, was in the Federal style, and it adjoined the old Episcopal Church to the north. This building was moved to Second Street (now 9 Second Street) to make room for the present rectory. The builders of the new manse most likely thought that a structure with medieval overtones was a more appropriate neighbor for the present Gothic church (erected c. 1866).