23 South Street
This house was probably built about 1853 by Robert B. Robinson, a wagon maker who emigrated to Geneseo about 1834. He died about 1894 and the house was sold by his widow to Mr. and Mrs. James Warner in 1900. After Mrs. Warner's death in 1907, Mr. Warner sold it to his daughters and they sold it to Henry B. Curtis in 1912. Mr. Curtis served as County Clerk for several years. He never married and lived with his niece on Main Street. He rented this house until he sold it to Jessie R. Taft, engineer at the Geneseo and Wyoming Railroad. He died in 1960 and in 1973 his widow sold the house to George and Hedy Peters.