6 Chestnut Street
This house was built in 1891 by or for Edward and Mary Conron. Mr. Conron, a moulder by trade, worked for many years in the old Hudnut foundry on Main Street (where the old Bolt House is today at 5 Main). He later moved to Skaneatles and in 1895 the house was sold to Edward Finigan who ran a glove and mitten factory in Geneseo. In 1911, he sold the house to William and Mary Leonard. Mr. Leonard held a position in the County Clerk’s office, later becoming Deputy County Clerk. He was also a good athlete and a skilled snare drummer. He died in 1932, and in 1947 his widow sold the house to William and Dorothy DeCamp.