25 Elm Street
According to a report in the Livingston Democrat, R.G. Patterson built this house sometime after 1875 on the garden of the old Dickey place. (The Dickey place was on South Street.) It is not clear whether the Pattersons lived in the house. In 1923, Arthur W. Ayres purchased the house from the Patterson family. The local newspaper reported that he had been living in the house for some time prior to the purchase. In 1929, Mr. Ayres sold the “desirable residential property at 25 Elm Street” to Irving Relyea. Mr. Relyea was an executive with Beldon and Co. He made extensive improvements and in 1937 Earl Stowell purchased the home.