6 Prospect Street
The original Methodist Meeting House was a brick structure built in 1825 on the corner of Center and Elm Streets, on what is now the lawn of the Livingston County Historical Society. It was rarely used after the new church was built in 1852, and in 1871 it was sold to Charles Jones, who owned the large Italianate house at 72 Center Street. He tore down the Meeting House and used the bricks to build a carriage house on his property, facing the present-day Prospect Street. This building was later remodeled into a house and today is the white brick, ivy-covered residence at 6 Prospect Street.