Highland Road

Highland Road was originally called “Temple Hill Street.” Early in the last quarter of the 19th century, the name was changed to “Mill Street.” The area on the west side from Center to Oak was for years part of the estate on the corner of Center. In the 1920’s, it was sold for development. As more homes were built during the first part of the 20th century, the name was changed to Highland Road by petition of the residents.

July 4, 1977
Dedication of the old Erie Depot after the move to its new location on Highland Road
Mayor Ann Duff presents a plaque to Dr. Robert Hepler of the Association for the Preservation of Geneseo
Photo courtesy of APOG