10 Elm Street
This house was built in 1875 for Mr. and Mrs. John Carson. John Carson was a good photographer and well-liked in the community. He died in 1877. In 1905 his widow, who had remarried, sold the house to Mr. and Mrs. Elliott Horton. The Hortons moved to Geneseo in 1885 when Mr. Horton accepted the position of foreman in the office of the Livingston Democrat. He later became editor and still later one of the owners. He died in 1912, but his widow retained possession of the house until 1953 when she sold it to Mr. and Mrs. Charles Newton.