71 North Street
The original part of this house was probably built shortly after Silas Whitney bought the land from the Wadsworths in 1845 for $112.71. Silas Whitney was a pump maker who had his shop here. After his death in 1875, his son, George, continued the business and made this his home. He died in 1900, but the house remained in the hands of the Whitney family until 1960, when it was sold to Harold and Amelia Starbuck. They sold it to Frank DiFranco, Jr., in 1962.