31 Center Street
Medad Curtiss, a stonemason, arrived in Geneseo after the close of the War of 1812, accompanied by his brother, Grandison Curtiss. Medad built a small house on the lot at the corner of Center and Second Streets, where the Presbyterian Church stands today.
The original Presbyterian Church was built here in 1881. It was destroyed by a raging fire in December of 1937. The cause of the fire was unknown. Firefighters were unable to stop the flames because their fire hoses froze in below-zero temperatures.
Within a year, the present building was completed, and it was dedicated in October 1940. The large brick structure has Georgian Revival style features, and its square tower is surmounted by an octagonal steeple.