39 Main Street
This residence was built in 1897 for E. Fred Youngs on part of the site of the American Hotel, which burned in 1885. The American Hotel extended from the corner of Main and Ward up to and including #41 Main Street. In 1904, Mr. Youngs sold the house to Henry B. Curtis, Livingston County Clerk. When Mr. Curtis died in 1946 at age 86, the house became the property of his niece, Mrs. Charles Richmond, who had made her home with him.