50 Second Street
In 1856 David Kimbark, who operated a boot and shoe store on Main Street, bought a large parcel of land on the southwest corner of Second and Center Streets. This purchase from Benjamin Tucker, a blacksmith, included the land now occupied by the houses at 48 and 50 Second Street and extended a considerable distance west. The dwelling at 50 Second Street was the first building on the lot and served as the Kimbark homestead.
Mr. Kimbark died in 1859 and about six years later his heirs sold the home and lot to Mrs. Ann Whipple, a widow. She lived there for 23 years, during which time several alterations were made.
The property was sold in 1888 to Mr. and Mrs. Willis Fenno, who maintained a dry goods store in Geneseo until 1902, when they purchased the Maple Beach property at the southwest end of Conesus Lake. It was the Fennos who developed Maple Beach into a highly successful resort area.
Fred V. Doty purchased the Second Street home from the Fennos in 1912. The residence has undergone several alterations and almost none of the original exterior is evident today.