67 Second Street
Norman Rose purchased this lot in 1853 and he probably built the original part of the house about this time. Norman Rose came to Geneseo in 1851 and engaged in the clothing business. For some time he was highly successful and he built two of the brick buildings on Main Street. The house later became the property of Joseph Cone, but he never lived here. He was a well-to-do businessman and the grandfather of the late Esther Campbell, who lived in the old Cone mansion at 33 Second Street. After Mr. Cone’s death, the property passed to Mrs. Campbell in 1918. She retained possession for several years before selling it.